Thursday, May 31, 2012

Help needed with photos!

My friend Harry takes pictures. He has a very cool camera and drools over lenses in the way others might drool over food, money or pretty girls. So it was a mistake to ask him for advice on whether I should bother getting a camera because the answer was inevitable. I listened to some very complicated advice and tried to get him to understand how bad I am taking photos. Cheeringly, he didn't believe this and was kind enough to lend me his most simple camera. He even gave me a tutorial before I left Dubai and made me prove I understood how to point and press a button. His last words were "take lots of photos". Now, I don't take photos; there are very few photos of me around and even fewer photos that I've taken but this place is gorgeous. I haven't even started thinking about photos outside my place yet and I find myself inspired to capture how lovely it is. As I can't write it I thought I'd try to take some pictures.

I now have a roll of photos. They document the last couple of days and fail spectacularly to show how incredibly scary it was last night in the pitch dark (Btw, I am prepared for tonight as I have two torches, lots of batteries (although I can't get the torches open to make sure they work) and two electric lanterns are charging. I'm thinking this will do whilst waiting for the electrician and finding good candles and candle holders).

I want to be able to look at them and I've uploaded them to iPhoto so I can do so. But I'd also like to share them and it seems that I'm an idiot as I can't get Flickr to work. Can anyone help? I've made a slideshow, given the photos captions and thought that I'd sorted it by emailing them to my address but that means I've lost all the captions. It's annoying. Any help gratefully received. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice!