Friday, June 1, 2012

The Expats

Expats are a weird bunch. I am one so I know. I've been an expat for a very long time and they are different in different places. In Thailand you traditionally have the "ecchi"old men, in Dubai the career guys etc. although, of course, there are many exceptions.

So far the expats I've met in Sri Lanka have been marvellous: really generous with their time, knowledge and experience. My real estate guy, Martin Fullerton, called me to check in before I fly back to Dubai tonight. He and his colleague, Marilyn, have advised me and facilitated meetings. I've met with the GM of the 5 star hotel 10 minutes away and discussed getting involved in some initiatives that are going on around the lagoon for the environment and the fishermen. On top of that, they have an awesome 100 metre pool that's open to non guests for about 1000 Rupees per day although don't see to have pictures of it on the website?

And the Rotary club have invited me to a meeting. They seem to think I'm a guy though. I hope they won't be too disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away free. I love seeing website that understands the value of providing a quality resource for free. It’s the old what goes around comes around routine. Commercial Properties In Sri Lanka

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice!