Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Animals

Apparently it's pretty much obligatory to get a dog here. It's part of security and I'm going to get one.

However, I don't really trust animals - they can't be reasoned with and, therefore, I find them scary. For God's sake, I spent last night being bullied by a kitten.

There is a doberman here right now. Maybe. I'm not good with dogs and it might be a Big Dane. It's big though. Very big. And, had I known I would be left alone with it, I would have freaked out. It has been lovely and even sits when I tell it to. Pretty useless as a guard dog given that it ignored all the people who turned up at the gate yesterday (including insurance sales men) and barked at phantoms that weren't there later in the evening. At least it hasn't eaten me. Or trapped me in the house.

I'm going to get a dog. Martin, the real estate guy, also is involved in a couple of charities that rehouse abandoned pets and neuter those on the street. Dogs and cats without owners are a scourge and I'm really looking forward to being a tiny part of his efforts.

He's suggesting a labrador type thing and this, combined with the tortoise Shiny (the old owner) is leaving and the ducks I intend to buy should make things fun. I am resisting, so far, the temptation to buy a goat. And, of course, there will be no kittens.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice!