Sunday, April 22, 2012

Where am I?

Google maps is amazing. I can finally start to understand how this place works (need a map!) and I am circled in the photo above. Just click on it to make it bigger.

Alternatively you can see it on google maps here.

I've discovered the way to get here is to tell people Pitipana (PEE ti pana) church (also known as St. Mary's - lots of Roman Catholics in Negombo as well as Hindus and Muslims).

Barramundi is about 5 minutes from there. About a kilometre, as the crow flies, from the fish market. Approximately 10 minutes from Beach Road with bars, shops, restaurants and, of course, the beach. And about the same from the town of Negombo with supermarkets, banks, paint shops and all the stuff I'm going to have to buy for the place. And about 20 minutes from the airport. Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice!