Sunday, April 22, 2012

Previously on Sri Lanka retreat...


I've started a new blog because I can't work out how to get into the old one. You can, however, find it here.  It explains how I got here and has photos of the place as it looks like today.

It's the 22nd of April 2012 so almost 6 months after I started the previous blog and I've bought the place! I always wanted to and hoped to do so earlier but a number of things conspired against it. The amazing work of Martin Fullerton, a real estate guy who truly worked hard for his money on this deal, is entirely responsible for ensuring that I am, as I write this, sitting on MY terrace looking out on the changing colours of the lagoon water and smiling. The lawyer, Miss Chandani, has also been fantastic.

Last night was my first night here. The previous owners have a few weeks to get themselves organised before they move out but have gone to Kandy for a few days to allow me to enjoy the place before going back to Dubai in 4 days. Apart from their doberman and the kitten, the fishermen on the lagoon and some friends who came by yesterday it's just me here. And it's gorgeous. I am being a little bullied by the kitten who seems to think that sitting on my head is ok but I'm fighting back.

Last night was wonderful. As dusk approached there was a pink tint to the air. In the real dark lights from the boats showed men out fishing and their radio and chat drifted across the lagoon to mix with the wind chimes that may eventually drive me crazy but are charming now. I think I'm going to like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice!