Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Relief..


Pretty much everything works now and from now it should just look better and better. The carpenter and the painter are working on a lot of things and there will be plenty still to do but it actually functions right now and will be pretty nice by the weekend as we have the ceilings done and all the painting finished. Then comes rain screens and curtains, more soft furnishing and cupboards and wardrobes and storage areas. And the fence. After that, it's all gravy.

The dogs too seem to be ok. I've found a system that works. Just. Although it didn't yesterday afternoon! And I'm tweaking it every day as I learn more and the place gets more civilised.  I move them every couple of hours from their "BED" to the play area with some newspaper. Yesterday I watched and waited to catch them and lift them but I think it's even better if I plonk them down on the paper for a while and keep them there saying "PEE POO" in the manner of an ambulance's "Nee nah" .(Scrap this as I don't have the patience!) Then, when they perform, they get lots of petting and allowed to explore the play area. Then we do a few minutes of individual cuddling along with their CALL NOISES (I must get them names too) and some more all together playing where they are very mean to each other and occasionally try to get up on the terrace. I've decided to assume that means they want to go back to "BED" So they get tucked up with water and a couple of the treats that they seem to not really like but are the only things I can give young puppies unless I want to masticate bread and feed it to them. And I don't. If they behave we have a few rounds of Pee Poo, name calling and together play. Until I get bored and then they go back to "BED". I've read that dogs can really only handle a few words and tone is vital so I'm trying to be super consistent. I like the animals but only if they are not going to poo every where and it's my responsibility to teach them.  They are eating and seem happy, the Vet has seen them and pronounced them fit and will give them jabs next week when he comes with his yoga teacher (more to come on that I imagine!).  

The vet, a very nice man called Dr. Roshan, also left me with some deworming tablets and vitamin supplement. I did the first round of the tablets this morning (using the rather stylish bowls we bought the dogs yesterday) and it was painless. Until it was PEE POO time and then one of the puppy's pooed out the most disgusting thing of knotted up string. At first I assumed disease (I'd just given them worm medicine) and then I assumed string from the bedclothes, then I saw them move. That was truly disgusting. I won't be great at the icky stuff I don't think. I do think I'm going to bathe them every day or two. It's quite fun and they're cute when they're all wrapped up. I did it first thing this morning when the fabulous painter was fixing up a new bed. 

I was really worried I wouldn't be able to manage the puppies but it seems to be ok now. And I think all will be pretty much complete by next Friday. Which means I can stop haemorrhaging money. Like I say, relief!

Btw, there are photos of the puppies and various other things here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice!